Chikmagalur has something for everyone. Trekking trails, coffee plantations, waterfalls, temples and wildlife all await you here. So, if you are in Bengaluru and have a day or two to spare, hit the road to Chikmagalur.
Things to Do in Chikmagalur
1. Golfing Green: There can be nothing more relaxing than golfing amidst lush green environs. Visit the Chikmagalur Golf Club to tee-off and later relish a nice lunch at their restaurant. They have a great multi-cuisine menu on offer.
2. Coffee Camaraderie: A lot really can happen over a good brew. While in Chikmagalur, sample the region’s finest in flavour at tasting sessions across coffee plantations in the region.
3. Trekking Trails: Chikmagalur has many breathtaking trails that you can take off on. Trek up to Kemmanagundi, which offers great views or make your way to Kalahasti Falls, which is a little further down from Kemmanagundi.
4. Temple Tour: Visit Belavadi, a nearby hamlet known for its ancient temples. Here, the Veera Narayan temple is a must visit for its architecture and ornate shrines.
5. Birding Best: With its expanse of green, Chikmagalur is home to many avian species. Remember to carry your binoculars to spot several varieties of birds chirping for your attention. A visit to the nearby Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary is a must for bird lovers.